Delaware County Commissioners held their State of The County breakfast February 25 at the African Safari Event Center at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. All three commissioners as well as the county manager and economic development director were featured in a video presentation addressing the progress the county has made.
Highlights from the presentations include:
· 3.2 percent unemployment – the lowest in Central Ohio
· Healthiest County in Ohio - #9 in the USA
· $104,322 Median Household Income - #1 in Ohio
· 81.2 %home ownership rate - #1 in Ohio
· 54.3 % residents have bachelor’s degrees or higher - #1 in Ohio
· Fastest Growing County in Ohio.
Economic Development is one of the Priorities in the County
· In 2019 there were 8 projects completed, 940 jobs created and $253 million invested.
· The Delaware County Finance Authority ended 2019 with 58 projects in progress. And nearly $388,000 was invested back into economic development efforts.
If you have not paid your dues yet please go to the membership application page and follow the prompts.
The Shawnee Hills Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to supporting the growth of business in Shawnee Hills and the surrounding area. Throughout the year chamber members volunteer their time to organize and participate in events to promote our members and show off the charms of our growing community. We welcome your marketing ideas or charitable causes that encourage the support of our local economy.
Past and present projects include: contributions of time and money to: Veterans Memorial at Shawnee Hills Village Office, Village Play Ground, Police Cruiser for the Village, Bicycle for Police, Repairs to the Shawnee Hills Civic Building, Street Lighting for the Village, Stone Entrance Signs to Village and a Multi-purpose vehicle for Village Maintenance Department
Keep up to date with chamber news and events