Shawnee Hills Area Chamber of Commerce
Minutes Annual Meeting December 11, 2021 - This was a breakfast meeting at the Morgan House. We would like to thank Chef Chris Meadows for opening early to accommodate our group.
The meeting was called to order by President Ken Barton.
President Barton led the pledge of allegiance to the flag. Craig Tuthill gave the invocation.
Election of Officers for 2022-23.
President Rob Thatcher
Vice President – Craig Tuthill.
Carol Kender presented to outgoing president Ken Barton with a gift certificate commemorating his four years (two as vice president) of service to the Chamber.
Financial report by Director Kender The chamber is in good shape financially. We enter the year of 2022 poised to offer a number of concerts in the village.
Joseph Bill is the winner of the $2000 scholarship. Because he had to work, his father, Bob Bill accepted the check for him. Mr. Bill commented that Joseph, a 2020 graduate of Dublin Jerome High School had been taking courses at The Ohio State University since he was a senior in high school. He is the last of five Bill children and his father did not even know he had applied for the scholarship.
Guest Speaker was The Honorable James P Schuck, Delaware County Common Pleas Judge. Judge Schuck said that The Courts in Delaware County did not shut down during the pandemic. He and Judge Gromley went to work every day. They scheduled their staff to work in alternating shifts from home and in person to keep social distancing. As a result they have no back log.
Judge James P. Schuck was elected to a seat on the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas in November 2018 and took office on January 1, 2019. Prior to that he was chairman of the Delaware County Republican Party.
The chamber would like to thank :Craig Tuthill who organized the musical acts, set up for each event and helped clean up afterwards; Shawnee Hills Village Manager Steve DeBold for his help with coordinating Music in the Village this summer. Also a shout out to Angela Pace of WBNS TV10 for promoting these concerts and to Rumpke for providing trash containers free of charge. We had an average of 70 to 80 people at each concert - not to mention those Shawnee Hills residents who could listen from their front porches.
THE BANDS AND THEIR SPONSORS:
· June 15—Inner Vision (2015 finalists in International Blues Challenge in Memphis) sponsored by Image 360
· June 29 School of Rock sponsored by Keller Williams Consultants Realty & Steve Smith & Associates
· July 6—Lil Red & Roosters sponsored by Animal Hospital of Shawnee Hills
· July 13—Blue Spectrum sponsored by Shawnee Hills Dental
· July 20 Hurricane Jerry Loos—Duo sponsored by PseeSoluitions
· July 27—Troubled Waters (2017CBA Challenge Winners) sponsored by SourcePoint
· August 3—Paradygm Shyft - high energy dance band with 1100 song repertoire. Bring your dancing shoes sponsored by Dublin Minuteman Press
· August 10— Jim Cunningham's Star Students sponsored by The King and his Friends
· August 17 — Stephen Spotswood and Friends, Jazz Standards and Originals sponsored by Dublin Cake Cottage
· August 24—Temple Monkeys sponsored by Precise Property Inspections
Steve Debolt is leaving the job of Shawnee Hills Village manager at the end of 2018. The Shawnee Hills Chamber of Commerce would like to thank him for all the help he has given the chamber the past three years. At the November 12 meeting of Village council Carol Kender chamber president and several members of the board presented Steve with a certificate of appreciation. Pictured with Steve Debolt are Rob Thatcher, Village council representative to the chamber, right; and Virginia Millerchamber board member , left, and Carol Kender, next to Steve. Not pictured is Judy Stephenson, chamber treasurer, Dawn Bookmyer, secretary, Ken Barton, Vice President, Craig Tuthill, chamber representative to the Village and Steve Smith The entire board wishes him well in future endeavors.
President Carol Kender introduced Commissioner Lewis. Also seated at the head table were left to right, Dawn Bookmyer, secretary,: Judy Stephenson Treasurer and Debbie Shatzer, Executive Director of the Delaware County Tourist Board. Commissioner Lewis's keynote address described the function of the Commissioners. She then aswered questions from the audience.
Delaware County Treasurer Michael Ringle will be the keynote speaker at the Shawnee Hills Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Breakfast Meeting December 14 at the Bogey Bar and Grill, 6013 Glick Road Shawnee Hills OH. "A buffet breakfast will be served at 10 am followed by a short business meeting and then the keynote address,” according to Carol Kender, Chamber President
Between May 15 and June 15, 2020 Shawnee Hills Residents who were 2020 Graduates were recognized with posters along Dublin Road.
Delaware County Commissioners held their State of The County breakfast February 25 at the African Safari Event Center at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. All three commissioners as well as the county manager and economic development director were featured in a video presentation addressing the progress the county has made.
Highlights from the presentations include:
· 3.2 percent unemployment – the lowest in Central Ohio
· Healthiest County in Ohio - #9 in the USA
· $104,322 Median Household Income - #1 in Ohio
· 81.2 %home ownership rate - #1 in Ohio
· 54.3 % residents have bachelor’s degrees or higher - #1 in Ohio
· Fastest Growing County in Ohio.
Economic Development is one of the Priorities in the County
· In 2019 there were 8 projects completed, 940 jobs created and $253 million invested.
· The Delaware County Finance Authority ended 2019 with 58 projects in progress. And nearly $388,000 was invested back into economic development efforts.
Join the Shawnee Hills Area Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Shawnee Hills when el Vaquero Restaurant celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month October 12 from 5 to 8 pm. We have had a change in bands due to unforeseen circumstances. The band is a Mariachi Band - perfect for the occasion. Guests are also welcome to bring their own lawn chairs..
El Vaquero, 9130 Dublin Road Shawnee Hills OH 43065
David Medina, manager of el Vaquero will have specially priced drinks for the DORA event.